Closing Date: 23 November 2015
General Purpose of the position
For the implementation of the Programme funded by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (the Global Fund) ECUO is looking for a Financial Specialist who will provide finance management of the Programme and ensure compliance of the terms and conditions of the grant agreement with the Global Fund rules and ECUO policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial management of the Global Fund project’s budget implementation;
- Ensuring control for intended use of the project’s funds by Principal Recipient (PR) and all implementing partners;
- Maintenance of communications on financial issues with the Global Fund, Local Fund Agent (LFA) and implementing partners;
- Management of the accounting and disbursement needs and ensuring timely financial reporting to the Global Fund according to the contract requirements and financial audits;
- Participation in the development of the internal control systems and financial reporting for the PR, Subrecipient (SR), and Sub-subrecipients (SSR);
- Verification of the SR financial reports;
- Verification of the primary accounting documents in accordance with the contract and the Global Fund requirements;
- Coordination of issues of the budget changes with SR and ensuring the accordance of the planned spending to the actual expenditures;
- Preparation of the documentation upon the request of the Global Fund, LFA and for external audit;
- Working with the project implementation team, applying financial analysis and reports to shape work planning for the project. Provision of the actual financial information to the project implementation team upon the request;
- Participation in analysis of the project annual budget and timing, taking into account currently obligated funds, pipeline funds, and expected funds during work planning;
- Participation in the budget forecast development;
- Monitoring financial transactions to ensure receipts and payments are processed timely and in accordance to the Global Fund and ECUO procedures;
- Preparation of the funding requests to the Global Fund;
- Preparation of the monthly and annual closure of accounts and ensuring the codes system;
- Assistance to the Chief Accountant in exercising relevant internal controls in maintaining the base table of expenditures and various workflow processes;
- Advice provision to the programme staff on the application of the Global Fund policies and procedures related to funds transfers to the implementing partners;
- Verification of the procurements compliance with the Global Fund’s regulations;
- Participation in the budget development for new projects of the organization;
- Management of the organization’s administrative account;
- Participation in the financial monitoring visits, if it is necessary.
Education: Master university degree in Accounting/Finance.
Experience: Minimum five years of professional work experience in finance and accounting. Experience in the Global Fund national / regional level supported projects is an advantage. Experience in an international non-governmental organization is desirable.
Accountability: Financial Specialist is directly accountable to the Chief Accountant.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to apply via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application should contain:
- Cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the advertised position.
- Most recent CV including relevant past experience and contact details of up to three referees.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Financial Specialist (the Global Fund Project) of the East Europe and Central Asia Union of People Living with HIV (full-time position) (22,9 KБ)