conduct rapid assessment to analyse existing situation of children affected by HIV/AIDS in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia to identify the most urgent service needs and development of action plan to satisfy them.
July 2012 — December 2012
$ 24 975
Project Objective (PO)
First stage of the project (July – October)
1) Inception stage:
- Development of analytical overview of previous studies in the field of service provision for children and adolescents affected by HIV/AIDS in South Caucasus;
- Methodology development that combines qualitative assessment methods, such as questioning of key informants, discussion in focus groups, processing and analysis of data, etc. Assessment tool will include the following questionnaires:
– for parents of children and adolescents affected by HIV/AIDS;
– for representatives of national authorities/guardianship agencies;
– for representatives of international and national non-governmental organisations;
- Creation of virtual consultative group in close cooperation with World Vision to revise methodology of express assessment, to combine preliminary conclusions and develop recommendations;
- Conduction of consultations with national PLWH networks and WV country offices to identify the list of potential respondents of the express assessment.
2) Data collection:
- Conduction of interview with key stakeholders, in particular:
– parents of children and adolescents, affected by HIV/AIDS;
– representatives of national authorities;
– representatives of international and national non-governmental organisations;
- Provision of technical assistance in South Caucasus countries;
Compilation / analysis of results:
- Development of preliminary report that will include revision of conducted earlier studies, qualitative results of rapid assessment and conclusions.
Second stage of the project (November – December)
1) Conduction of the regional meeting:
- to finalise results of the rapid assessment and development of recommendations;
- to discuss feasibility of using different approaches and activities that can solve urgent needs and improve support of children and adolescents affected by HIV/AIDS in South Caucasus.
2) Finalisation of the rapid assessment report and development of the action plan based on the results of the rapid assessment and consultations.